Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread For the HTC HD2 Is Out

Sponsored

When most tech sites talk about Android’s Gingerbread (Android OS 2.3.3), it’s usually when a new device is coming out or a current smart phone is getting an official upgrade. What I want to show you today is the HTC HD2 Windows Mobile 6.5 running the latest Android OS in perfect harmony.


Before you watch the video below, I wanted to point out a few things I didn’t go over in the video, which, is just a quick over view of Android 2.3.3 running on the HD2. Don’t think of this as a review but more of a sample of how well the HD2 performs with an OS not made for the aging HTC mobile device.
What I did notice about 2.3.3 is that the system runs super smooth and fast, a whole lot faster than any previous Froyo ROMs I previously ran on the HD2. To my surprise, the latest OS is not only quick and more functional on a daily basis but, the battery life has now been optimized as well. For example, from a full 100% charge to the point when you get that battery low message, it was about a day with light usage on Twitter, texting and E-Mails to about 5+ hours with really heavy usage like live streaming, taking pictures, using the GPS or streaming HQ YouTube videos.

There are way to many details that I could cover, but to what end? What most people want to know is, does it work and is it stable for everyday use….!? To answer it bluntly, YES.! I never use Windows Mobile “ever” I consider myself a 100% Android user and can’t go back to the old and obsolete Windows 6.5 Pro. With that being said, take a look at the HTC HD2 running Gingerbread and judge for your self if it’s something that’s perfect for your HD2.

HD2 Have an great Gingerbread ROM here.
The creator of the ROM can be found here but, you will need to register with the XDA-Developers site first here.

Enjoy your New ROM...
:)

Sponsored
Copyright 2011. All rights reserved.
artist photos